Silicon Carbide for Seals and Bearings
With decades of experience in the manufacture of silicon carbide products, we are your first choice for seal and bearing requirements.
Due to their advanced performance characteristics our range of silicon carbide seal & bearing materials will be found in many challenging industrial applications operating in extreme environments.
Silicon Carbide components are widely used in products such as gas seals, mechanical seals, propulsion shaft and slurry seals, slide bearings, radial and thrust bearings where the following properties make it an ideal choice for use in a broad range of industrial processes and engineered design solutions.
- High thermal conductivity
- Low friction
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- Outstanding thermal shock resistance
- High hardness
- Superior wear resistance, especially for our graphite loaded PGS3 silicon carbide which offers excellent dry running performances used in mechanical seals
- Low density compared to common oxide materials, such as alumina
- Superior corrosion resistance, especially in alkali environment
- Good mechanical strength
- High temperature capabilities
- Abrasion resistant
- Impervious to liquids and gases
- Wide ranging compatibility with other materials
To find out how we can work with you on your latest project, contact us today.