Why choose Morgan Resin Bonded Graphite?
Resin-bonded carbon graphite is a specialised material consisting largely of resin with carbon-graphite fillers which is injection moulded allowing complex geometries to be formed. The material is hot pressed and does not require a coking step therefore making it more applicable to low durability applications with low wear and temperature requirements. Main Properties include:
- Chemically inert
- Approved for food and beverage contacting applications
- Temperatures of up to 200°C
- Mechanically strong
- Good sliding characteristics
Morgan Resin Bonded Graphite Applications
Some applications include but are not limited to the below. Please contact us for more details and to get a grade recommendation best suited to your application.
- Mechanical seal components for a wide variety of sealing applications
- Axial bearings operating in immersed fluids such as petrol, paraffin, kerosene and water
- Radial bearings
- Rotors and vanes
- Wet or dry running applications
For applications requiring complex shapes produced in high volume, we are the industry leaders in the production of resin-bonded graphite seal and bearing components.
Contact us for a grade recommendation best-suited to your application and for our most up-to-date datasheets.