Why choose Morgan Silicon Carbide?
Our market-leading Silicon Carbide materials are the preferred choice for many of the market's most respected mechanical seal manufacturers, demanding the best possible tribological performance in hard on hard seal face and bearing combinations.
Desirable characteristics include:
- Superior wear resistance with low friction
- High-temperature capabilities
- Wide-ranging compatibility with other materials
- High thermal conductivity
- Outstanding thermal shock resistance
- Superior corrosion resistance, especially in alkali environments
Morgan Silicon Carbide Material Families
Jump straight to the material you are interested in or read more about our Silicon Carbide Materials below.
Morgan Silicon Carbide Applications
Due to their advanced performance characteristics, Morgan silicon carbide materials are used across many challenging industrial applications. Their robust properties make them ideal for use as mechanical components and wear parts that are specified in applications such as but not limited to:
- Centrifugal pumps
- Submersible pumps
- Mixers and steam joints
- Gear pumps
- Propulsion shaft sealing
- High temperature and pressure applications
- Abrasive and aggressive fluid applications
- Mechanical seals for circulating pumps with limited dry running capability
- Bearings for circulating pumps
- Speciality pumps for handling corrosive and abrasive fluids
- Bearings for electric water pumps used in electric and/or hybrid cars
We work closely with our customers to understand the operating parameters of the application and the range of process conditions to manufacture precision SiC components in high volume with sizes up to 80mm in diameter. This evaluation determines the design of the end product and provides the selection criteria to offer the best material and the most cost-effective solution for the specific needs of the customer’s design.
Contact us for a grade recommendation best-suited to your application and for our most up-to-date datasheets.